A Rememberance for Clay

A celebration of life was held on August 31, 2008 in Lander, Wyoming. It was a beautiful day and many great folks were able to attend and help us remember a life well lived.

Some fun stories were told and if you have any additional stories involving Clay and his "whacky ways" we'd love to have you share them on this blog.

Here is a meditation prayer which beautifully summarizes our (and Clay's) wishes for all who were part of the celebration and read this blog.

May all beings be happy, content and fulfilled.
May all beings be healed and whole.
May all have whatever they want and need.
May all be protected from harm and free from fear.
May all beings enjoy inner peace and ease.
May all be awakened, liberated and free.

May there be peace in the world, and throughout the universe.

Search Efforts

For the official information on the search efforts please visit: http://clayrubanosearch.com/

Our special thanks to Margaret Goodro for setting up this site!

Sunday, December 9, 2007

It's the little things . . .

Though Clay and Rachel have been on my mind constantly ever since I received the news that he was missing, I waited to write for fear my post might not be profound or meaningful enough to add to the blog. I decided to write anyway because regardless of how well I knew Clay, he has touched my life. It may not be profound to others, but Clay enriched my life through the little things: by being himself, sharing experiences in the Many Glacier community, and by making me smile.

Every time Clay comes to mind, I see him smiling, standing tall in his green and gray ranger uniform, in charge of the Many Glacier Ranger Station. I say "in charge" because he ran that place like no one else (no offense to my other friends who have also done outstanding work behind that desk). I'm sure he got just as tired of all the same questions as everyone else does, but he never let that show to the visitors. He was professional, knowledgeable, and pleasant in every visitor contact I ever saw him make. Every time I was able to help him in any capacity he always thanked me with a smile, a nod of his head, and a, "Thank you for your help in these matters." He made coming to the Ranger Station a joy and always said something that sent me away with a smile on my face. Most recently, this summer, Clay made me smile (maybe even blush) by bringing to my mind a Nattie he remembered me receiving years ago. (There are some things we'd like people to forget.) :) He "oohed and ahhed" with us at the Fourth of July, laughed and imbibed with us at the Margaritaville party, and was always fun to talk with whenever our paths crossed whether in the Ranger Station, the laundry room, or at a potluck.

Clay is an important member of our Glacier community, a group of people who share a special bond. From what I have read, it appears that Clay was important to many other groups and individuals as well. Thank you for your impact on all of us, Clay. We all miss you greatly and are thinking of you with a smile.

No comments: